Dash In is currently seeking a Shift Supervisor to join our store in Newark, DE! During this COVID-19 environment we are actively keeping our people and communities safe by following all safety measures and guidelines outlined by the CDC. We are also providing PPE for employees, while maintaining a fun and exciting work environment!
Dash In is a leading convenience merchandise and motor fuel marketer of The Wills Group, Inc, serving customers at over 65 retail outlets throughout Maryland, Virginia and Delaware. The Wills Group is a $1.5 billion company and the largest independent marketer of Shell Oil in the country. Throughout our 90 years in the industry, we have gained a reputation of driving innovation, providing our customers products and services at exceptional value, and fostering a great work environment for professional development and advancement.
The essential function of a Shift Supervisor will be to drive profitable store sales growth and lifting life’s journey by supervising the team in delivering an exceptional guest experience, driving store merchandise in-stocks, supervising and engaging the store team and delivering operational excellence. Additionally, the Shift Supervisor assumes leadership of the store in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager.
Why You Should Join Dash In
At Dash In, our mantra is: Learn. Grow. Lead. We believe the success of our company lies in the depth and durability of our employees and is why we are committed to continued learning and advancement for all employees. We are proud to offer a flexible job that empowers you with the skill to be a professional: from working with diverse teams and customers to building the foundation for your future. Every day, we are leading in our community, being responsible neighbors and focused on doing what is good for the environment and our neighborhood, not just our bottom line.
Benefits and Perks
- Financial Well-being – employer 401(k) match (currently at 7%), health savings plan, and financial planning
- Discounts on fresh food & beverages
- Education and Development Opportunities – 100% Tuition reimbursement to support our people’s education goals
- Competitive Pay – competitive pay matched to our competitors
- Actively work with associates to provide a guest centric culture, emphasizing the CARES model.
- Monitor in-stock levels and partner with store management to ensure the store is adequately stocked.
- Engages the team to maintains a safe, clean, and inviting environment throughout the site at all times.
- Supports an environment of diversity and inclusion within the team.
- Actively participates in recruiting and selecting the best candidates for staffing the store.
- Trains all associates in accordance with company training standards.
- Guides associates through sharing meaningful insights, candid feedback and clear direction.
Sales & Inventory
- Maintains POG integrity to enable proper order execution.
- Ensures all deliveries are properly stocked in accordance with published POGs.
- Assist in managing expenses by ensuring all merchandise is accounted for.
- Safeguards audit count integrity by ensuring all POGs are set to standard.
- Collaborates with other associates to ensure the site meets Dash In Brand Standards and is prepared at all times for both Mystery Shop (ACL) and Brand MMP (Shell/Exxon).
- Partners with associates to ensure all operational activities are completed to enable the close of the business day.
- Supports adequate staffing by ensuring associates are actively engaged in their assigned areas.
- Assist the store management with vigorously maintaining Food Safety and Sanitation standards.
- Follow up with the Food Team to ensure consistent PAR execution.
- Maintain a working knowledge of food operations.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior customer service experience a must
- Prior work experience with running computerized register system.
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus.
- Reading and mathematics skills required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and be at least 18 years of age.
- Background and drug screen required.
- Pay typeHourly