Effective Date: September 2, 2020
Information Collection, Use and Sharing
Dash In may collect certain categories of information about you from different sources, and may use such information for certain reasons. Those categories of information, sources of information, purposes for collection and categories of recipients are set forth below:
- Identifying information, such as your first and last name, email, telephone number and postal address. Dash In may collect this information from you when you interact with Dash In. Some examples are when you:
- Correspond or communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- Register or create an account on the Sites;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstakes or an online survey;
- Use our mobile apps to buy goods using a Dash In gift card;
- Sign up for our rewards program or other program or club;
- Sign up for email and/or SMS news and alerts; or
- Use social media to interact with us, or to share something from our Sites with others (we will receive information about what you share and other details that may be based on your social media privacy settings).
We may use identifying information about you to:
- Send you updates on the latest Dash In news, including information about new products, services, and offers that may be of interest to you including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers.
- Process and manage your purchase and use of Dash In products and services, including your accounts and program participation.
- Respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on our website and other websites, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other website activities.
- Create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non-personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through our programs.
- Communicate with you about your orders or purchases, your services, accounts and program participation, a contest or sweepstakes you have entered, product recalls that may affect you, and your requests for information.
- Learn more about our customers so that we can develop better products and services.
Dash In may share your personal information with companies that provide support services to us. Some examples of things service providers may do that may involve your personal information are:
- Authorization of credit card and check transactions, order fulfillment, sweepstakes and contests, our rewards program, and cobranded or joint product and service promotions.
- Developing, hosting or maintaining the Sites on behalf of Dash In.
- Warehousing product, personalizing product and performing order fulfillment and shipping services on behalf of Dash In or on your behalf and at your request.
- Aggregating customer information and/or improving customer service. We may then share such aggregated information with prospective marketing partners and advertisers.
- Marketing our products and services (such as email vendors).
- Payment information, such as account or credit card number. We collect this information from you when you make an online or in-store purchase and we may use your payment information in order to fulfill product purchases and process transactions. We may share your payment information with third parties that process transactions and payments, fulfill orders or provide customer service.
- Technical and computer and connection information, such as your internet service provider’s address, your internet protocol or IP address, your MAC address, your operating system, the web page from which you came, your web browser software, the type of handheld or mobile device used to link to the web page, and the language and time zone settings on your web browser. We may also collect a record of your activity or your “clickstream” while visiting the Sites.
Such information will be collected from you automatically when you visit the Sites. We may also collect any information you enter, share or that can be obtained from your use of our apps, games, contests, or promotions. We may use “cookies” of different types to recognize your computer. A cookie is a small text file that a website, online application, or e-mail may save to your internet browser and/or your computer’s hard drive for use in subsequent visits to the Sites or other sites. See “Cookies Policy” below for more information.
We may use web beacons, match scripts, pixel tags or similar technologies that allow us to know if a particular web page was visited, an e-mail opened, links in the email utilized or if the advertisements on the Sites or other sites were effective. In some instances, these technologies may allow us to match activities with particular users.
The purpose of Dash In collecting the information described in this Section 3 is to provide you with access to certain areas and features of the Sites, tailor content, advertisements, and offers we provide you, and improve the Sites and/or for internal business purposes.
We may use a device identifier to, among other things, administer the Sites, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify you and your shopping cart, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may share the information described in this Section 3 with third parties that analyze data, host, or operate our Sites.
- Location information, such as the physical location of your device based on, for example, satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signal. Our mobile applications may collect geo-location information, including from the GPS function on your mobile device. You can opt-out of sharing your geo-location information by changing the settings on your mobile device. If you choose to opt-out, it may disable certain features of our mobile applications.
We may use location information in a variety of ways, including to determine which of our store locations may be closest to you, whether you are within the allowed geographical ordering range of one of our stores, and to offer products and services to you. The recipients of your location information are the same recipients set forth in Section 1 (“Identifying Information”) above.
We may receive your personal information from other persons if that person has sent you a gift card or product via the Sites.
Combined Information and Internet Based Advertising
Information you provide at Dash In retail stores may be combined with information that you provide online at the Sites, as well as with information about your interests and purchases we collect automatically. The information you provide to Dash In may also be combined with demographic and other information that is available from other sources in order to allow Dash In to better communicate with you and enhance our customer service and your shopping experience.
We participate in interest-based advertising and we or others may use information about you to deliver to you or allow you to see certain advertising based on your interests, searches you perform, information you provide, or your activity on the Sites or other websites.
Dash In may also use this information to analyze and manage its businesses. Aggregate or combined data is collected from online and offline facilities and may be used to enhance the ability of Dash In to communicate with you and to support business functions such as internal business processes, marketing, authentication, customer service, fraud prevention, and public safety and legal functions. See below for more information.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you provide us with your email or postal address, or have done so in the past, we will ask you if we can use it to send you updates on the latest Dash In news. If you do not want us to contact you, you can choose to “opt out,” and Dash In will respect your wishes.
If you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us whether online or on your mobile device, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as emails about your Dash In account, if you have one, or our ongoing business relations.
Sharing In Connection with Business Transfers
In the event that a store, division or part or all of Dash In is bought, sold or otherwise transferred, or is in the process of a potential transaction, customer information will likely be shared for evaluation purposes and included among the transferred business assets.
Sharing To Comply with Laws
Dash In may also disclose specific information when such disclosure appears necessary to comply with the law, a subpoena or other litigation process or to protect the interests or safety of its visitors and customers, Dash In employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, Dash In and the Sites do not recognize DNT.
Dash In is fully committed to data security. We use security techniques on the Sites to help protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected from you at the Sites. When you access your account information or transmit personally identifiable data to the Sites, that information is stored on servers that the Sites have attempted to secure from unauthorized access or intrusion. “Secure Socket Layer” software encrypts personal information you transmit to the Sites. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us. In this regard, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data while you are on the Internet. At a minimum, we encourage you to make sure that you are using a secure browser as you surf the Internet.
The Sites use “cookies,” which are small pieces of information stored by your browser or other application on your computer’s browser or hard drive. The cookies are used to connect your computer with information stored about your online activity, searches, preferences and product purchases both within the same website visit and from one visit to the next on Dash In and/or other websites. (Some examples of this data include your account preferences, user specific information on pages accessed, searched terms or addresses entered, and previous visits to the site.) The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive new cookies or how to disable cookies altogether. If you reject cookies, you may not be able to participate in certain activities or receive a promotion tailored to you. The Sites do not control and do not guarantee the effectiveness of browser-based tools for managing cookies.
We or our partners may also use Flash cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) or other similar technologies. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on a computer using Adobe Flash or similar technology that may be built into your computer or downloaded or installed by you to your computer. We use these technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience, facilitate processes, and personalize and store your settings. Flash cookies may help our website visitors to, for example, set volume preference associated with a video experience, play games and perform surveys. They help us improve our Sites by measuring which areas are of greatest interest to customers. They may be recognized by other sites or by our marketing or business partners. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies and the cookie management tools provided by your browser may not remove Flash cookies. If you disable Flash cookies or other similar technologies, please be aware that you may not have access to certain features and services that make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We may also use web beacons, which are electronic images that may be used on our websites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Network and Interest-Based Advertising
We may also enter into agreements with third parties that possess technology that allows the Sites to use targeting or advertising cookies to see which areas and features are popular, count visits to our Sites and customize the advertising and marketing messages you receive on the Sites. This information may be shared with these third parties for this purpose. The Sites may use Google Analytics and the third-party cookie DoubleClick to optimize our Sites based on the traffic we receive and assist with marketing.
We also provide interest-based advertising about our products and services on other parties’ websites. We may use third-party advertising companies that use tracking technologies to serve our advertisements across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to the Sites and other websites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. These advertising companies serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated sites, and some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information collected about your visits to the Sites and elsewhere over time. Other companies may also use such technology to advertise on our Sites. You have the choice to tell us not to collect and use this information.
The Sites do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If Dash In learns that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, it will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 13, use the contact form on Dash In.com.
Minors under 18 years of age may have the personal information that they posted on the Sites deleted by calling us at 1-800-444-9292 and requesting deletion. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personally identifiable information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
Company Commitment to Privacy